Rapid Logistics Assessment Tool
The Logistics Cluster has developed a comprehensive tool for Logistics assessment in emergency situations.
This tool is called “Rapid Logistics Assessment Tool”
To provide guidance to logisticians from NGOs, UN agencies, and other organizations working on the ground during an emergency response situation and particularly during:
- The assessment phase of the logistics situation on the ground
- The implementation phase of logistics activities
Form and Presentation
One checklist for each thematic: Airports, Ports, Railways, Waterways, Road Networks, Warehousing, Local Supply, Fuel, Customs, Truck Transporters, Freight Forwarding Agents, Telecommunications etc.
Checklists will be compiled in a pocket book and will also be accessible in electronic version made available on Logistics Cluster website
Contents of the Checklists
Each checklist is divided in parts/chapters in order to answer the “who, what, where and how” of each topic/thematic.
- Where can I find information?
- Who should I contact? What should I ask?
- A list of useful tips and a list of essential logistics actions to be organised (what to do and how…) are also included in each checklist